Thursday, September 30, 2010

Are you Swans???

So we have my dad to thank for this blog...

Dad will retire this Christmas from UPS. He's been delivering packages for over 30 years. While I appreciate UPS, they helped me pay for college and kept me in glasses/contacts, but I could NEVER do that. Anyways, I was talking to Dad on my way home from work, when he said, "Hold on just a second." He came back on the phone laughing, I could see him rolling his eyes in my head, lamenting how stupid people were. I asked him what happened...

"I dropped off the package, rang the doorbell and left. The lady came to the door and yelled, Are you Swan? (Do you know them? They deliver food to people.) I said, No UPS. Then she said, well what is this? To which I replied, I have no idea.... What is she thinking? I didn't order the package, I didn't ship it, I have NO idea what's in it. Then the stupid lady let the dogs out, she was talking to me and she let the dogs out!! They came running up to me, I just stuck my foot out. The dumb dog rang into it. I didn't kick it mind you, I just stuck my foot out."

I said, "ohh dad, welcome to my world, I probably teach this woman's child!"

No comments:

Post a Comment