Friday, November 5, 2010

Know you didn't.....

Upon my arrival at work today, I checked my mailbox in the main office. As expected, there were two tests I had sent to the testing center (for 2 students who receive separate setting) a couple of days ago. Of course these students have not been in school for the past couple of days. This is where the fun begins....

On the bottom of one student's page was written...and I quote...

Now show 11/3 Teacher Aid's Initials
Now show 11/4 Teacher Aid's Initials

The same exact thing was written on the front page of Student #2's packet. (Just wait, it gets better.)

I walk over to another teacher (who is also in the EC department) and I say. "Ms. C, I know I'm about to hate on your boy, but look at this."

At this point I hand her the papers, She smiles and gives a slight laugh and says, (and I quote) "Oh, he left off the K."

Now you may find this hard to believe, but I promise I said the following sentence with the most serious face I've ever put on, "Actually he added a w."

I then said, "Have a great day." Walked out of the workroom, made it back to the office of my school and died laughing. And I do mean I almost died, I laughed so hard.

Good job America, We entrust the education of our children to these people. Not to mention they teach kids that need a little (or a lot) of extra help. Way to go. Ms. C likes to talk about how she grew up in the neighborhood our students live in, but that she was smart enough to over come it. I'm not so sure. And I wont even go into the fact that some accredited university (which shall remain nameless), is giving this woman a Master's Degree.

So say what you will about the movie, but every day I come to work, I realize as a nation we are WAITING FOR SUPERMAN, and he can't get here quick enough. Just because you work in a school doesn't make you educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment